5 Tips To Make Staying In Easier When Events Are Cancelled.
Updated: Mar 23
Hello friends, we hope that everyone is safe and doing well during these difficult times; we wanted to check-in and let you know that we are thinking about you.
Around this time is when we usually get geared up to produce your amazing events and although we have a bit of delay, we are confident that we will get through this together and the next time that we get to celebrate will be bigger and better.
In the meantime while we are all at home with all events cancelled we wanted to share some ways and tips for making staying in easier. We have come up with five easy tips for things that you can do that will help pass the time.
1. Personal Spa Day – The silver lining in this is that we all now have some well-deserved down time. With this new free time, why not pamper yourself with a spa party for one or two? Put on your favorite face mask, pour a great cup of coffee or a brilliant glass of wine and leave your phone in the next room. Run a warm bath with essential oils, put on your favourite relaxing music, light a few candles and drift off into bliss. Don’t have essential oils on hand? Olive oil or avocado oil make great substitutes and are staples in most kitchens. Take as much time as you need or until the water turns cold; indulge yourself as you have earned it.
2. Bake from Scratch – Even if baking is not your thing and you’d much rather eat already baked goodies; the process of baking a cake or banana bread from scratch is quite a satisfying one. With more time on your hands, here is the perfect opportunity to try your hand at that cheesecake recipe that you have been eyeing or whip up that three-layer carrot cake with double whipped cream cheese and bourbon frosting. Are you getting hungry yet? See where we are going with this? Plus, at the end, you will have a masterpiece, a work of wonder to post on social media. Be ready for the comments from family and friend; hey we didn’t know that you can do that?!
3. Learn a new hobby – We all have hobbies or ideas that interest us that we don’t pursue because we're always too busy. Now is a really good time to do those things that have been in the back of your mind for forever. Remember, you bought that cool camera for a reason; you were going to try photography. It has been sitting there, waiting…..
4. Reach Out – There might be people that although with the best intentions; you haven’t connected with in a long time. Send an email or pick up the phone and reach out. It is a great time to reconnect with friends and colleagues that might not have heard from you in a while. You might make some solid business connections that can be fruitful post this staying in period and hey, even maybe a new love connection.
5. Catch up on TV and Movies – Release the guilt and just do it. Bing your favorite show or discover a new genre of movie that you normally would not watch. The options are endless and there really is something for everyone available online. If nothing new piques your interest, re-watch a series. Trust us, the second time around is great, there is always something that you didn’t catch the first time and it is exciting to spot things that you might have missed.
If you like any of these suggestions and will try them out, please leave a comment to let us know. Stay safe and healthy friends.